My name is Álvaro García and I am the School Games Organiser (SGO) for Kensington and Chelsea.
As part of my role, these are the three main ambitions to embed in the school sport and activity action plan for RBKC:
All children and young people take part in at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day (at least 30 minutes should take place in schools).
2. Children and Young People have the opportunity to realise developmental, character building experiences through sport, competition and active pursuits.
3. All sport and physical activity provision for children and young people is designed around the principles of physical literacy, focuses on fun and enjoyment and aims to reach the least active.
Therefore, the five expected outcomes of my SGO’s role will be:
1. To maintain school engagement and support schools to continue to prioritise and deliver 60 active minutes for every child thus providing opportunities for young people to improve their physical, emotional and social wellbeing
2. To identify and have ongoing provision that targets young people for whom physical activity levels have been most negatively impacted by COVID-19 (those particularly from low socio-economic areas, BAME, SEND etc.)
3. To have a continued focus on secondary school engagement – with a focus on supporting those young people who have just transitioned into Year 7/8
4. To ensure that the local offer provides opportunities for young people to take on leadership and volunteering roles
5. To ensure physical activity and competition provision supports young people’s wider development including their ability to re-socialise, supports their psychological and physiological fitness.
Please find below the Ofsted links that show why is so important that schools get engaged with the School Games
Once you create your school’s account, you will have access to unlimited resources for your PE lessons and subject development. On top of that, you will be able to fill in the Inclusive Health Check (IHC) and the new School Games Framework, two compulsory things to achieve the “Active School” status that will show how outstanding the PE provision is in your school.
To sign up for the term sports events, please fill in the form below: